Our mission is to provide professional engineering design support:
1) for the protection of equipment, structures, property, and personnel from lightning and the effects of the resulting ground potential rise (GPR). ASCE’s Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities: "Guide for Protection of Equipment and Personnel from Lightning"
2) for lightning protection systems and grounding systems. NFPA 780 Std. for the Installation of Lightning Protection Systems 2000 Edition, and UL 96A Installation Requirements for Lightning Protection Systems
3) for the grounding of electronic equipment, industrial and commercial power per IEEE Std. 1100-2005, “Powering and Grounding Electronic Equipment”, and IEEE Std. 142-2007, “Grounding of Industrial and Commercial Power Systems”
4) for communication services being placed into high voltage environments such as substations, power plants, or in high voltage corridors. IEEE Std. 487-2000 Recommended Practice for the Protection of Wireline Communication Facilities Serving Electric Supply Locations.
5) for communication services associated with E-911 PSAP, PCS, Radio and TV Transmission Towers. ASCE’s Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities: "Guide for Protection of Equipment and Personnel from Lightning"
5) for structural, civil, and systems engineering;
7) and will travel to any lightning problem site at a moments notice.
LPGI & Affiliates’ experts, each with over 44 years of personal experience, provide a
full range of services.
We guarantee our grounding designs to 5 ohms or less for the most difficult wireless tower locations on granite mountain tops or we will refund our design fee in full ! Details
WE GUARANTEE UNDER 5 OHMS DESIGN, EVEN IN SOIL THAT IS MOSTLY GRANITE *American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities,Vol. 16. No. 3, August 1, 2002, " Guide for Protection of Equipment and Personnel from Lightning".